Hands-On: Getting the Most Out of Oscilloscope Measurements
Digital Storage Oscilloscopes are the basic tools for electronic engineers. This course is designed for technicians and engineers who would like to increase their understanding of subtle techniques necessary for making accurate oscilloscope measurements. The course will take a closer look at basic oscilloscope operation and how oscilloscope settings effect measurement results.
Hands-On: Embedded Wireless Debug Techniques
Embedded systems increasingly employ a combination of low speed serial, analog voltages and RF communications which are tightly synchronized in time. This session will discuss the background of performing time and frequency domain analysis on these systems with example measurements on a digitally controlled RF transmitter.
What will you learn?
- The challenges of debugging embedded systems
- Frequency domain analysis and FFT basics
- Dynamic range and Triggering considerations
- Time gating and Frequency Masks: The key to unraveling the mysterious correlation between time and frequency
- Oscilloscope Familiarization
- Hands On Example: Setup, triggering and measurement of a frequency hopping signal and VCO settling time
- Hands On Example: Debug of noise issue on digitally-controlled attenuator chain