Hands-On: Getting the Most Out of Oscilloscope Measurements
Digital Storage Oscilloscopes are the basic tools for electronic engineers. This course is designed for technicians and engineers who would like to increase their understanding of subtle techniques necessary for making accurate oscilloscope measurements. The course will take a closer look at basic oscilloscope operation and how oscilloscope settings effect measurement results.
Hands-On: Automotive Serial Bus Analysis and Debug
Automobiles increasingly employ a number of serial buses for engine control, accessories, safety and entertainment. These serial buses can be the source, but more often the indicator of a problem elsewhere in the vehicle. It is critical to know how to trigger and decode these buses and to understand how to time correlate these with other signals in the system. In the case of new high speed busses such as BroadR-Reach, signal integrity is also important
What will you learn?
- Overview of CAN, CAN-FD, LIN and BroadR-Reach busses
- Oscilloscope Familiarization
- Example Measurement without a trigger and decode package
- Measurement Setup using serial trigger and decode (repeat for each serial bus)
- Serial Bus Setup: Important Parameters to know
- Triggering on CRC errors or corrupt packets
- Triggering on a specific data or address sequence
- Display and data readout in packet and tabular format
- Using CAN DBC files for symbolic decoding
- Compliance testing of BroadR-Reach busses